We’re pleased to bring you the fifth edition of the World Quality Report, co-sponsored by Capgemini, Sogeti and HP. It examines the current state of application quality and testing practices across the globe, as well as emerging trends that may affect the future of testing within the next two years.
This year’s report reveals these key findings:
- QA functions are becoming structurally more mature – the number of organizations with a fully functional TCOE increased from 6% in 2012 to 19% in 2013
- Organizations continue to increase the proportion of their IT budgets for Testing – from 18% in 2012 to 23% in 2013. QA teams are still engaged too late in the application development lifecycle, which contributes to the increase of testing’s share within IT budgets to manage operational and quality inefficiencies
- Rise of Mobile Testing as a key discipline: 55% organizations now carry it out compared to 31% last year.
- Organizations face challenges in managing test environments and creating test data – 16% of testing projects are executed with data created ‘as we go’, up from 5% in 2012
The report is based on telephone interviews with 1,500 CIOs, IT directors/managers, VP of applications and quality assurance directors/managers across 25 countries.
Please fill out the form below to download your copy of the 2013-14 World Quality Report today:
* Please be aware that by accessing this report you consent for your details to be shared with HP Software.